- Approx. 150 regular customers.
- IP&S serves all of Vermont and parts of New York, New Hampshire and Maine.
- IP&S Vermont is the only branch of seven branches to require Lead Free* products thus far. Attaining the products that they needed was troublesome with several companies - but not from Watts Water.
- Work with manufacturers who understood their needs related to the Lead Free* transition including the brands of Watts Water Technologies.
- Now 100% Lead Free* compliant.
When the state of Vermont made the mandated switch to Lead Free* plumbing products, IP&S Vermont – the only branch of seven - had to follow suit.
Being the only branch required to carry Lead Free* products, some complications arose. A major issue for IP&S was figuring out which products were in scope that needed to be changed, and not being able to get all Lead Free* products at once. Jamie White, manager at IP&S felt that most manufacturers tried to stay with traditional products as long as they were legally capable of doing so. Of course, this trickle-down effect complicated things for IP&S Vermont since they were required, on January 1 of 2010, to be completely Lead Free*.
"One company rose to the challenge immediately," said White. "Watts Water was extremely helpful throughout the entire transition."
Watts Water Technologies was prepared to provide Lead Free* products from the beginning, which helped IP&S greatly throughout the transition period. IP&S is now 100% Lead Free*. "Installing Lead Free* products is now second nature," said White.