- Approx. 100 regular customers.
- VHV serves customers throughout the New England area and New York.
- Some manufacturers didn't take the switch to Lead Free* seriously, so the trickle-down affect hit VHV hard.
- Watts Water provided the leadership and the technology — across all product lines — providing immediate access to Lead Free* products.
- Now 100% Lead Free* compliant.
As a mechanical contractor, Vermont Heating & Ventilating was stuck at the bottom of the food chain when the Lead Free* law came into effect in 2010. VHV couldn't install any Lead Free* products until their wholesalers had the Lead Free* products — and the wholesalers had to wait on the manufacturers.
That's why Scott Redfield, head of the product purchasing department at Vermont Heating & Ventilating, gives this piece of advice: "Don't wait until the law goes into effect. Plan for it 6 months to a year ahead of time." VHV experienced unprepared vendors and long waits for Lead Free* products.
Of all of the companies that they dealt with, the only one with a sense of stability was Watts Water Technologies. "Watts Water was very helpful in our transition. They were proactive in getting us the products we needed; other companies waited to get Lead Free* products in stock, and only when they figured they absolutely had to," said Redfield.
Since the switch, VHV has fully adjusted to Lead Free* and their experts are now familiar with all Lead Free* products. "At first there was a learning curve, but now it's a way of life," added Redfield.